Adele Lynn: St Tammany Birth Photography

Britta and Ron were going to be welcoming their first baby into their family, and they wanted every detail captured! When I met with Britta before the birth, one thing she shared was that she really didn’t want a caesarean birth. Her due date was a couple of days away, and Britta’s water broke one evening in August. They went to St. Tammany Parish Hospital not long after, and labor was starting very slowly. She paced the hallways until she was admitted. Britta’s labor was being augmented, but not much progress had been made when I joined them the next morning. Everyone was waiting for something to change!




The Pitocin was soon at the max dosage, with still little progress and a failing epidural. It seemed like a c-section was her only option. This poor mama was heartbroken.



I was told that I wouldn’t be allowed in the OR by the nurse, so I joined the family waiting. A few minutes later my phone rang, and I was being flagged down by a nurse to come! When everyone else was in the OR, the anesthesiologist was wondering where I was, and went out of his way to make sure they got pictures! Britta needed the full support of her husband, as she was still in pain.


A few hours later, this mama got to meet her little girl!


Thank you, Britta and Ron for letting me be a part of your birth experience, and share your story!

Back to TopEMAILPOSTFacebookPOSTTweetPOSTSubscribe

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *